Wednesday, October 17, 2007

red bug

I never heard from the dude wanting to buy my bug yesterday (of course), but I did go out and tinker with the car a bit. I actually got the thing running, and I took it for a short drive across the street and through the parking lot (no insurance, no seatbelt, weak brakes, no brains, but decent luck). I had to unfreeze the brake drum of the wheel whose hubcap was smashed by the semi, but once I did, I was rollin. There's a lot of rear suspension groaning and grunting from letting the car sit for so long, and I had a horrible time getting it to go back up in the driveway, but the thing moved under its own power for the first time in 9 months or more. If the brakes were functional, a buyer could drive the thing home. Now I have to decide if it's worth my time to lay under the car bleeding the brakes to get them ready for test drives, or whether I should just talk the guy into towing it home. If the guy is still interested, that is. I'll give him a call tonight. I wonder if he's just sweating me to try and get the price down.

No comments: