Friday, December 14, 2007

Hypothesis confirmed

So, after guzzling a huge amount of store-bought eggnog over the past month or so, I started thinking about how it might be possible to take eggnog as-is from the store and turn it into ice cream with no additional processing. So I dug out my Krups, stuck the bowl part in the freezer, bought a couple jugs of nog, and went for it. I made sure to age the nog by putting it in the back of the refrigerator for 12 hours first. I was right about it working, but it just wasn't that good. I think it needs some cream added to be really tasty. I think most of the thickness, a positive when making ice cream, comes from additives that don't do well when frozen.

I wonder if it would be better with homemade eggnog. I wonder how to make homemade eggnog....

No comments: