Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving menu

Grilled organic turkey with sage and garlic
Celeriac mashed potatoes with giblet gravy
Scalloped sweet potatoes
Key lime cranberry sauce
Cabbage wedges braised in butter and dry vermouth with garlic and shallots
Savory chanterelle stuffed White Swan acorn squash

That's everything we served. The celeriac mash was really the most amazing bit. It did something with the giblet gravy that briefly blew my mind (embarassing yummy noises ensued). It just wasn't the same with other gravy as leftovers, and I don't know why.

Our distinguished guests brought pumpkin pie, chocolate pecan pie, and some delicious olive bread with goat cheese to go with it. I had picked up some green olives stuffed with PiriPiri peppers, which were great. Some of them were really hot, others not.

I drank my way through a six-pack of my Fresh Hop IPA over the long weekend. My brother had one and was mildly complimentary. I like it a lot, still, although it disturbs me that it did not turn out precisely as I planned. I have to let such things go, I know...I'm really thrilled at the head on this beer. It's a major accomplishment, in my book. I will calulate fastidiously when priming from now on.

No comments: