Saturday, June 16, 2007

crazy/stupid

Somehow it seemed like a good idea to have people over two days in a row on a weekend when I planned to brew beer. Day 1 went OK, I survived anyway, but day 2 looms, and it's the one with the brewing.
Day 1 highlights:
  • Kal Bi (turned out awesome, described by my father-in-law as 'Hawaiian style,' which I took as a compliment).
  • Raspberry Rhubarb topping for ice cream (on the fly, with vanilla paste and bourbon, probably the best thing I made).
  • Sashimi (hard to cut right, but damn, it tasted good).
  • Laulau made with pork jowl bacon (my idea) and real luau leaf, steamed in banana leaves.
The plan for tomorrow is for BBQ pork sandwiches and some unspecified dessert (perhaps nutmeg cake). I don't know when I'm going to have a chance to cook the pork (to say nothing of the cake), but I'll just have to make it happen on the fly.

Enough parentheses for today?

No comments: