Friday, November 2, 2007

at long last

The longest two weeks in my recent memory will come to an end this evening: my wife will be coming home tonight.

It was not a horrendous trial parenting solo for two weeks. It was certainly a pain in the butt, it was tiring, to be sure, aggravating at times, but I've definitely been through worse.

I've compared the experience to single parenting, but I think that most single parents have it easier than I have this week and last. Usually, the kids are off to visit the other parent for part of the week. For me, no break, no scheduled time when the responsibility wasn't there. That's really what wore me down, it wasn't one day or another by itself, but the repetition of the same thing over and over with no moral support from another adult. Three days parenting on my own is a novelty. Two weeks was a pain in the ass.

The upside of all this is, now that it's almost over, my mood has improved greatly, making it that much easier to finish this last day.

Yay!

No comments: