Monday, July 23, 2007

Camping, day 1

It's been awhile since I updated this thing. Perhaps the bloom is off the rose, or however that goes. I was, in my defense, away for a week camping and ignoring the internet, but that only gets me so far when I haven't posted anything since the 6th.

I took the family out camping last week. We camped at Tower Rock campground in Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Tower Rock itself is a big stone cliff face overlooking the Cispus River, which can be accessed from the campground if you're not too afraid of stinging nettles.




The camp was clean and nearly empty. We got a site that fit both tents and had a fire ring of sorts. On our first night, we went down to the river and checked out some leftover supports from a bridge that we speculated was washed out by Mt. St. Helens back in the day. We saw two bald eagles and the boy threw rocks in the water. We went back to camp and I made posole for dinner.

No comments: